10 Tips to Add Some Bohemian Style to Your Wardrobe
By Catherine Roddy
In case you hadn’t heard, boho is the new black. From fringe dresses to suede thigh-highs, the 70’s are back, baby! Looking to upgrade your closet to reflect your inner bohemian goddess? Try these 10 retro style tips for a smooth transition.
- Pair some hip-hugging flairs (like this sexy lace pair) with a halter crop top and colorful kimono for an easy hippie look.
2. For a more autumnal ensemble, combine a long sleeve patterned mini with a pair of knee-high chestnut boots and a leather satchel. Don’t forget your over-sized sunnies!
4. Channel hipster queen, Behati Prinsloo, with a form-fitting patterned maxi and some reflective sunnies. It’s perfect for an afternoon of shopping or brunch with your gals.
5. For a more casual daytime look, pair your favorite pair of high-waisted denim cutoffs with a gypsy crop top. Polish off the ensemble with a sexy tousled mop and you’ve got the ultimate hippie vibe. Groovy!
6. Going to a music festival? Upgrade your floral sundress and booties with a lightweight scarf, fringe purse, and some Victoria’s Secret waves topped with a handmade headband. You’ll be the embodiment of Snapchat’s flower crown filter.
7. To emulate the coolest chicks around, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, pair a patterned maxi skirt atop a vintage tee—bonus points if it’s for a band that you’ve never listened to—whilst concealing your celebrity (or lack thereof) under a floppy hat and round, Ozzy Osbourne shades.
8. Those flare pants… That enamel belt… The flowy top… and *gasp* I can repurpose the same floppy hat from the previous outfit? Sold.
9. Dress to impress in a fun embellished romper with bell sleeves and layered bib necklaces. It’s simple yet makes a statement.
10. Nothing screams bohemian quite like a good pair of harem pants and a lace crop top. Finish it all off with some major platform heels and you’re ready to hit the ground running.
If you’ve always wanted to try the boho style but never knew where to start, don’t worry. It’s not as complicated as it looks. Boho is all about balancing comfort with sex-appeal and expressing who you are as a woman. Peace and love!